Changes in overall temperature and increases in extreme events will be increasing problems for our wildlife as the world’s climate changes
- Different animals have different temperature ranges they can tolerate.
- Temperature change can also affect their food plants, either their survival, their flowering and fruiting times, or the nutrient content of their leaves
- increase of extreme events – heat, drought, storms
- increase in fire frequency and intensity
- connectivity of habitats
- animals of low altitudes may move upwards as temperatures rise, but those of mountain tops (except a few strong fliers) have nowhere to go